So, you've got production workloads running in the cloud. Now what?
- Each cloud platform, public and private, has a separate monitoring dashboard
- Cloud-specific data retention policies lead to inconsistent metrics, history and data analysis
- Limited to the monitoring capabilities of individual cloud providers
- Provider polling resolution is often set by provider and not readily customizable
- Alert and event handling methods can be limited and inconsistent from one cloud to another
- Consolidated solution for consistent monitoring across public, private, and hybrid clouds, as well as enterprise infrastructure, including hardware and virtualization
- Consistent, standard alerting and notification with high-value filters easily applied
- Highly customizable dashboards and metric collection
- On-going support for new platforms and technologies
Why use Opsview Monitor for your cloud infrastructure?
A single portal to monitor, alert, and visualize events and consolidated performance metrics.
Historical data stored in the Opsview Data Warehouse with configurable retention and resolution policies.
Platform availability reports for single or multiple clouds, including applications, services, and private datacenter, that demonstrate operational efficiency to stakeholders and customers.
Business Service Monitoring visualizes and monitors independent processes such as business applications and allows you to demonstrate the true availability of the solution.
Our Opspacks, REST API, Service Connectors, and automation modules are the basis of a holistic, extensible, scalable, and consistent monitoring solution, now and in the future.
Notifications sent to the right team member, at the right time, in the best way, with Opsview Notifications or cloud native options, such as Twilio voice / text, Opsview Monitor’s Mobile app, Amazon’s SNS, or even a Slack message.