Network Device Scanning
Is it imperative that you know what's in your business network? Perhaps you want to ensure that you are monitoring everything that’s important? Most IT departments struggle with the continual addition of new network devices only to overlook adding these to their monitoring system(s). If this sounds familiar do not worry, you are not alone!
Everyday Troubles – The Need for Autodiscovery
It’s difficult for network admins to keep on top of every device that gets added to their network. We often hear industry professionals complain that locating every new device can be a massive challenge and that network device scanning is one of the most sought after tools.
Opsview Monitor comes complete with our enterprise grade Auto-Discovery feature enabled. This allows you to create a scheduled device scan of your network, as well as automatic provisioning of those devices within your monitoring environment.
These scans can be carried out in a number of ways, including a network scan and a scan of your monitored VMware Hosts. You can also schedule these scans to become part of your standard weekly routine meaning that network device scanning has never been simpler!
Opsview can help using our Autodiscovery Module:
- Proactively scan your network for any new devices, allowing you to easily add them to your existing monitoring system
- Assign all auto-discovered devices a given host template, enabling simple provisioning
- Run these scans at a scheduled timeframe, giving you increased flexibility
- Scan either VMware hosts or network devices to generate a rich view of potential hosts for monitoring
- Highlight any existing devices in your monitoring platform, helping to avoid duplication.
Which Network Scanning Solution is right for Me?
With Opsview Monitor, you can be scanning your network very quickly. We have a range of fully supported monitoring solutions tailored exactly to the needs of your organization. Large environments and service providers can utilize Opsview Monitor Enterprise Edition or Opsview Monitor MSP Edition while smaller business will enjoy Opsview Monitor Pro Edition. Try Opsview Monitor for yourself free for 30 days.