Find out how Loyola University - Chicago harnessed the power of Opsview Monitor as an alternative to Nagios.
You are here
Washington State Department of Commerce
- The Washington State Department of Commerce (WSDC) is a government agency charged with creating and maintaining a strong and sustainable economic climate for the state of Washington, creating and improving jobs state-wide
- Using a combination of Orion and SCCM, they were monitoring over 100 hosts and over 500 services both at a central data center and at remote offices
The Need for IT Monitoring
- Previously had two systems: external monitoring which alerted while offsite, but only covered the most major of outages, and internal monitoring via SCCM which was far too detailed for regular use
Why Opsview Worked As a Solution
- WSDC’s network team determined that Opsview was the best fit for the organization when it came to ease of use, reliability, and completeness
- Newfound ability to let customers know that a system is being fixed before they even know that it’s down. Opsview alerting allows them to solve issues before they become outages
- Saved money and reduced complexity
More like this
Cobweb is a cloud services specialist and the largest hosted Exchange provider in Europe. As a leading cloud communications provider, Cobweb’s...
Last Thursday, a salubrious group of women gathered for our second WWIT meetup at the achingly stylish Reading offices of recruitment firm Stott...