Think of this scenario. You have multiple common services you wish to monitor, yet you only see one service check.
You are here
Getting Started with Opsview Service Checks
This blog post will get you started with creating service checks on your hosts.
To register a new client into Opsview, you need to have fulfilled the opsview-agent prerequisites.
This completed, you will need to use the GUI to register the host client into Opsview.
1. Click SETTINGS > BASIC > HOSTS
2. Click the '+' icon
3. Fill in the required boxes, pay attention to the 'host templates' box at the bottom. This is where you can configure in pre-set service check templates.
4. Select NOTIFICATIONS at the top of your tab, selecting the required options. Navigate the remaining tabs if you wish to make adjustments here.
5. Click 'submit changes'.
6. Now we need to apply these changes - CONFIGURATION > APPLY CHANGES
7. Click 'RELOAD CONFIGURATION'
More like this
Sometimes it may be necessary to create and run custom notification methods depending on your environment and requirements in accordance with...
In our example scenario, we are testing against “Oracle Database 11g Express Edition”, however the monitoring should be...