In this example we’re going to monitor different mount points all using the same unique service check.
You are here
Getting Started with Opsview Service Checks
This blog post will get you started with creating service checks on your hosts.
To register a new client into Opsview, you need to have fulfilled the opsview-agent prerequisites.
This completed, you will need to use the GUI to register the host client into Opsview.
1. Click SETTINGS > BASIC > HOSTS
2. Click the '+' icon
3. Fill in the required boxes, pay attention to the 'host templates' box at the bottom. This is where you can configure in pre-set service check templates.
4. Select NOTIFICATIONS at the top of your tab, selecting the required options. Navigate the remaining tabs if you wish to make adjustments here.
5. Click 'submit changes'.
6. Now we need to apply these changes - CONFIGURATION > APPLY CHANGES
7. Click 'RELOAD CONFIGURATION'
More like this
In order to monitor VMware ESX and VM’s running on ESX, we will need to download and install a few items of software listed below, namely the...
This is a brief blog post to explain how I quickly integrated my existing Opsview server with my existing ELK deployment.