Since 1971 Stadtwerke Schwäbisch Hall has been delivering a variety of technical services. These include network management and system monitoring...
You are here
Stadtwerke Speyer GmbH
- Stadtwerke Speyer GmbH is a utility provider based in the town of Speyer, just outside Heidelberg
- With over 30,000 customers and 250 staff members, the company has always maintained a large, complex IT infrastructure to support the delivery of gas, electricity and water within the Rhineland-Palatinate region
- Stadtwerke Speyer’s IT infrastructure is spread across two datacenters, one production and one backup. The company uses a mixture of Windows and Linux operating systems running a variety of application stacks, storage devices, switches and environmental systems
The Need for IT Monitoring
- The company’s core challenge is maintaining the high levels of complex electronic data exchange with other utility providers
- They wanted a product that was professionally supported, easy to maintain and could see continuous development
- They also wanted to work with a company that leveraged a vibrant community eco-system to drive their product development forward
Why Opsview Worked As a Solution
- Strong reporting capabilities - they now appreciate how useful it is to output service level reports in multiple formats
- Their managed hosting customers now receive scheduled, branded SLA reports that prove the value of their services
- Dashboards present a high-level, unified view of all critical IT services and processes to non-technical business users
More like this
Does you company have too many tools and too many inconsistencies? Here are three keys to monitoring IT from a single pane of glass.
Monitoring data, like all operations data, is at its most valuable when it leverages a presentation layer that puts the information in the proper...