Cobweb is a cloud services specialist and the largest hosted Exchange provider in Europe. As a leading cloud communications provider, Cobweb’s...
You are here
- Active Network is a worldwide leader in the activity and participant management industry. Powering all different kinds of events ranging from large conferences to family reunions, Active Network automates and simplifies event management for organizers.
- With multiple different products and features for organizers, Active Network manages the largest network of events and participants in the world.
The Need for IT Monitoring
- Managing one of the largest events networks in the country can be quite daunting. This in combination with a global infrastructure of six data centers, multiple PCI zones, and nearly 3000 hosts to manage, Active Network needed an extremely extendable and easy to use solution for their infrastructure set.
- Active Network also employed a myriad of different monitoring tools to complete their needs. This inevitably caused quite a few headaches in the IT department. Consolidating their systems into one place was a major area of concern during both implementation and continued use.
Why Opsview Worked As A Solution
- One of the biggest reasons why Opsview worked as a solution was the seamless implementation process and the completeness of the product. Having everything not only in one system, but also in one single pane of glass, was exactly what Active Network needed to manage their expansive global IT infrastructure.
- After a successful implementation, Active Network was able to see a direct positive result from switching to Opsview. Easily distributed architecture with the use of slaves and clustering has allowed Active Network to become more efficient at detecting problems across their entire global network while keeping their costs minimal.
More like this
Allianz Global Corporate and Speciality is the Allianz centre of expertise for global business insurance and large corporate and specialty risks....
Find out how Loyola University - Chicago harnessed the power of Opsview Monitor as an alternative to Nagios.