You are here

Nagios CGIs removed in 5.0.1?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
mhahnen
mhahnen's picture
Nagios CGIs removed in 5.0.1?

Hi,

we just upgraded our OpsView Enterprise Installation from 4.6.3 to 5.0.1. Till today we used the external Tool "NagStaMon" to keep an eye on the events raised by opsview. Unfortunately NagStaMon is now no longer working. I suspect NagStaMon cannot find the Nagios CGIs which it relys on.

- Is there a way to keep NagStaMon running with Opsview 5.0.1

- Is there any alternative to NagStaMon which is comaptible with 5.0.1?

Thanks, Marco

smarsh
smarsh's picture
Hi Marco,

Hi Marco,

I havent used Nagstamon - but if it relies on Nagios CGI's then yeah it wont work with 5.0.x onwards, as the CGI's are now removed with the introduction of our new user interface which is .js based.

I'd recommend reaching out to Nagstamon to have them use the REST API which will allow all the functionality of the UI to be accessed via third party software, i.e. BSM, etc.

Best,

Sam

Duncan Ferguson
dferguson's picture
Marco,

Marco,

Can you confirm which version of Nagstamon you are using and whether or not you have the server type set to 'Opsview'?

What errors are you seeing when using it, exactly?

Duncs

Duncan Ferguson
dferguson's picture
After doing some research

After doing some research into Nagstamon I can see it is trying to use the old API rather than the new REST API - I am getting in touch with the Nagstamon developers to see if this can be fixed

Duncs

mhahnen
mhahnen's picture
Hi Duncs,

Hi Duncs,

we are using Nagstamon Verion 1.0.1. Servertype is set to Opsview... 

Would be great if you contact the developers and keep me up to date.

Thanks!

Duncan Ferguson
dferguson's picture
I have made all the necessary

I have made all the necessary changes and sent a patch upstream, which has been accepted.  The changes should be release either as part of v1.0.2 or the next v2 release

I have also compiled up a new EXE and made it available at https://s3.amazonaws.com/opsview-3rdparty/Nagstamon_1.0.1a_setup.exe, created with a version number of "1.0.1a" to differentiate it from offical releases.  The only changes in this release are to the "Opsview" server type.

Duncs

Jörg Woll
auftrag's picture
Do you have the sources for

Do you have the sources for Version 1.0.1a?

Duncan Ferguson
dferguson's picture
The sources are stored in my

The sources are stored in my github account at https://github.com/duncs/Nagstamon

Duncs