You are here

test service check "forbidden" after upgrade from 3.X to 4.4.2

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
isaac.hailperin
isaac.hailperin's picture
test service check "forbidden" after upgrade from 3.X to 4.4.2

I have upgraded our test instance of opsview from version  3.20131016 to opsview 4.4.2. After the upgrade, when I try to "test service check" on any service check, I get "forbidden". The service check itself seems to be fine, the conditions are checked and recognized. Is this a limitation of my Atom licence (I am using an Atom licence to test the upgrade process on our test server), or am I hitting a bug here?

I am aware that 4.4.2 is not the latest release, but since our production is on 4.4.2, and our test is at 3.X, I want to bring test to the same level as prodbevor atempting upgrading to 4.6

Isaac

smarsh
smarsh's picture
What do the role permissions

What do the role permissions look like for 'TESTSOME' and 'TESTALL'? We havent heard any issues regarding this from any other users.

isaac.hailperin
TESTSOME was unticket,

TESTSOME was unticket, TESTALL was ticket. I ticket also TESTSOME, for the role "Administrator" (loggedin as admin), but no change.

I tried logging out and in again, but now I can not log in any more ... rebooting.

Strange thing is, it worked bevor the upgrade.

isaac.hailperin
It gets even weirder: I can

It gets even weirder: I can no longer log in after upgrading to 4.4.2, but /var/log/opsview/opsview-web.log tells me "Successfull login" ...

I also tried to connect to port 3000 of the server, to leave out the reverse proxy, but got the exact same behaviour. I am using admin/initial to log in, which worked bevor the upgrade.

Any ideas?

When I do the upgrade, I get a message that the upgrade script could not log in to the databases odw and dashboard, but I guess this is unrelated and due to the fact, that it is not an enterprise edition and those databases do not exist.

EDIT: I just found http://docs.opsview.com/doku.php?id=opsview4.0:upgrading_from_opsview3, I will check it and get back.

isaac.hailperin
So I followed the

So I followed the instructions in http://docs.opsview.com/doku.php?id=opsview4.0:upgrading_from_opsview, created the missing odw and dashboard database, but still I can not log in.

I guess my initial problem is actually the same - I did not relogin after the upgrade, but somewho still had a valid session. But since somehow the auth does not work, I got "forbidden", when I tried to do test a service.

smarsh
smarsh's picture
Yeah it definitely sounds

Yeah it definitely sounds like something has gone wrong! 

I'd recommend restoring to the 20131016 core version, then installing a new Opsview Atom system and migrating.

I also noticed that A) your looking at upgrading from 'Opsview 3.x versions' (your running Opsview Core from the sounds of it, although i can appreciate its easily confused due to the code version), and B) Your looking at the 4.0 notes - when your on 4.4.2. 

For reference, here is the 'Upgrading from Core to 4.6' document: http://docs.opsview.com/doku.php?id=opsview4.6:upgrading_from_opsview_core 

isaac.hailperin
I guess that is what I will

I guess that is what I will do - what I am really interested in is 4.4.2 -> 4.6, the above exercise was just to get our test instance to the same level as our prod instance. Since is seems to be a hassle, I will just start with a fresh test environment of 4.4.2.

Isaac