You are here

Problem monitoring SQL Server named instances

1 post / 0 new
jeffstockamp
jeffstockamp's picture
Problem monitoring SQL Server named instances

I'm trying to monitor a few SQL Server performance monitor objects using check_nrpe.  I've got a service checking using check_NRPE with the following command:

-H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c nsc_checkcounter -a 'MaxCrit=25 MaxWarn=15 "Counter=\MSSQL$%SQL_INSTANCE%:General Statistics\Processes blocked"'

This works fine with the "Test Service Check" function, but when the check runs on schedule it returns an error:

CRIT: Counter not found: \MSSQL$MYINSTANCE:General Statistics\Processes blocked"$: The specified counter could not be found. (C0000BB9)

Note the $ at the end.

I've tried every thing I can think of to escape the $ in the counter name - double $$, quotes around $$, etc.  Nothing seems to work.  Like I said this works fine from the command line and "Test service check".

This appears to be a bug.  Let me know what other information you might need.

- Jeff