Part one of a series objectively examining important topics in contemporary IT monitoring, including observability, automation, and cost control...
You are here
- Vision Critical provides market research to over 600 global organizations including a third of the world’s top brands
- Every month Vision Critical issues over 10 million survey invitations to its online communities through its cloud-based ‘Sparq’ software platform, which enables it to engage with respondents more effectively with rich visual and multi-media questions
The Need for IT Monitoring
- With such a heavy reliance on IT for its service delivery, Vision Critical needs to ensure all elements of its infrastructure are performing at optimal levels at all times
- Vision Critical also required an umbrella solution that could aggregate all of its monitoring data and provide a simplified and more transparent view of overall IT performance
- Advanced reporting functionality and instant alerts for potential systems issues were essential if Vision Critical’s IT team were to keep services up and running seamlessly
Why Opsview Worked As a Solution
- Provided a single, real-time view of network, server, application and cloud performance
- Easy to navigate dashboard pools information from all other monitoring tools in use, letting IT teams easily assess the performance of all areas of the environment
- Simplified the IT monitoring process and allowed Vision Critical to pinpoint trends by analyzing performance data
- Able to identify potential systems issues well in advance, remedying them before they impact on service delivery to end users and customers
- User-friendly interface has also enabled the less technically experienced members of the IT support team to get to grips with it in next to no time
More like this
Insight into the benefits of monitoring IT infrastructure and why it is crucial to have a reliable monitoring system in place.
Done right, IT monitoring provides clarity and promotes operational effectiveness. Done wrong, it can make your staff crazy and limit business...