Find out how Loyola University - Chicago harnessed the power of Opsview Monitor as an alternative to Nagios.
You are here
University of Surrey
- The University of Surrey provides further education to about 16,000 students and has over 2,000 staff spanning four facilities
- The University relies heavily on a central IT infrastructure through which vital functions such as student registration, library applications, email services and the VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) are run
- IT makes up a large part of the student experience. High performing infrastructure is vital as a competitive advantage to other universities
The need for IT monitoring
- Traditional siloed approach to monitoring was no longer adequate for the University, especially on service level checks of the network
- Need for one tool that would pool all performance information together to see level of service to users rather than just infrastructure checks
- New centralized IT department focus on cost, scalability and customization was paramount
Why Opsview worked as a solution
- Ability to proactively alert IT team to any performance issues
- Easy to navigate dashboard let the University quickly assess anything in the network
- More accurate and real-time to eliminate service outages for both faculty and students
More like this
Cambridge University Press provides access to over 45,000 academic books and journals, available in print, digital and online formats. Therefore,...
IT services provider Dimension Data Luxembourg works with a number of organizations across various industry sectors helping customers plan, build...