Opsview has enabled Cobweb’s IT team to identify issues early and resolve them before customers notice anything.
You are here
Atomic Data Monitoring Case Study
- Atomic Data is a Managed Service Provider that identifies, designs, implements, and manages their customers’ technology solutions
- With deep roots in data center technology, Atomic Data provides a proven infrastructure combined with unrivalled, local 24x7x365 support and monitoring
The Need for IT Monitoring
- Biggest issues were focused around scalability, customization and support
- User interfaces were also not designed for easy hierarchical or tag-based management, turning main screens into dizzying messes during multi-customer events
- Atomic Data needed a fully flexible and configurable monitoring tool which could monitor 1,100 devices split over 100 sites. Sixteen servers were needed to handle administration, while databases and multiple collector clusters in multiple internal and customer locations were used to handle the load of monitoring and email notifications
Why Opsview Worked As a Solution
- Reliable and had the ability to handle multiple sites and distributed nodes
- Improved monitoring capabilities with pre-packaged plugins, as well as community-sourced and in-house development of monitoring in almost any language
- Gave Atomic Data the flexibility to extend and tune Opsview far beyond any previous installations of their legacy monitoring solutions
More like this
A detailed guide on how processing time series works to your advantage in Opsview.
When choosing an Enterprise monitoring tool, there are many considerations. One that is almost always at the top of the list is scalability.