Opsview's Bill Bauman and John Jainschigg attended Percona Live 2018 -- to talk about serverless computing, database monitoring, and catch up with...
You are here
Opsview WSLTools Beta is a go!
If you’re just here for the download, it’s here:
New! - Version 0.11.7 Beta
Opsview WSLTools Community Slack Channel: https://opsview-community.slack.com/messages/CB0QH6S66/
More about the release
Opsview WSLTools is released as a public beta. The purpose of Opsview WSLTools is to be a unique monitoring and management interface for Microsoft's Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). It is designed to empower developers and Windows administrators with a visual and intuitive way of working with WSL. The program unifies a multitude of disparate tasks in an elegant, graphical interface, many of which do not currently have a GUI at all.
WSLTools is released as a community tool, free of charge. It should be a task-simplifying, fun and easy way to engage with WSL. It features:
- Detect WSL state, and offer to automatically enable it
- Detect distributions installed from the Microsoft store (currently Ubuntu 18.04 is not yet available)
- Manage distributions from a single pane of glass, including
- Visually identify current Default distro and unconfigured distros
- Reset a distro to factory defaults (without uninstall/reinstall)
- Uninstall distro completely
- Install new distro
- Process viewer to view current processes running within a distribution
- Services viewer to see current state of services running within a distribution
There are plenty of known bugs, but none that should make your system unstable (only the app itself). Certain parts of WSLTools are not completely dynamic (yet). So, for example, after configuring an unconfigured, newly installed distribution, the application will need to be exited and restarted before seeing it as configured and running.
Opsview is continuing development on WSLTools on a daily basis. We’re actively seeking community feedback and potentially community involvement in the project, as well.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you and really hope you enjoy the initial release of Opsview WSLTools.
Minimum Windows version: Windows 10, April 2018 Update, 17134
More like this
For more information this full report can be found at
Setting up distributed network monitoring in mission critical production environments is a complex task; configuration can be challenging and...